Lavelle Partners specialist insolvency practice can advise and represent in relation to any insolvency matter, including:
- Company insolvency
- Insolvency litigation
- Corporate restructuring and reorganisations
- Personal insolvency
- Personal bankruptcy
Lavelle Partners is recognised as one of Ireland’s leading insolvency practices. Our insolvency team is headed up by Managing Partner, Michael Lavelle, a leading insolvency expert for over thirty years. Michael has developed our insolvency team into a top-tier practice, as reflected by the large number of landmark insolvency cases in which the firm has acted. We are members of the Irish Society of Insolvency Professionals, Irish Insolvency Group and Irish Institute of Credit Management.
Given your precise circumstances, we will advise on the options available, explaining the advantages, disadvantages, timescales and costs of each.
Lavelle Partners also takes instructions from overseas insolvency practitioners looking to recover from Irish concerns.
Company and commercial insolvency
Company Insolvency occurs when a business is unable to cover their debts due to lack of funds. Our team of experienced insolvency lawyers is dedicated to achieving the best commercial outcome for our company insolvency clients. We understand that entering into insolvency is not the desired outcome of most company owners and directors; as such, we will work with your resources to put in place the best plan taking into account your shareholders, creditors, employees and other stakeholders needs.
Lavelle Partners will seek to maximise the chances of the company (or part of the company) continuing to trade; or if that is not possible to produce the best return for the company’s creditors and members.
Where possible, you may have the option to apply for Examinership, allowing you the time to trade without the threat of legal action by creditors. We have assisted many firms across Ireland through this process, and with a robust strategy in place, they have been able to trade back to financial viability.
In addition, if a contentious insolvency matter should occur, such as fraudulent trading, misfeasance, preferential payments, transactions below value, unlawful dividends, wrongful trading, Section 150 restrictions of Directors or Section 160 disqualifications of Directors, our litigation team will work with our company insolvency team to provide the strongest possible defence and representation.
We understand that personal insolvency and bankruptcy is deeply stressful for individuals and their immediate family members. The uncertainty caused by the threat of insolvency can lead to financial and personal strain. At Lavelle Partners, our personal insolvency Solicitors will work with you in an empathetic manner, providing the legal expertise and guidance you need to secure the best possible outcome. To achieve this, we will first take the time to understand the issues being faced in fine detail, allowing us to determine a strategy to meet your objectives. We can assist with any personal insolvency matters, including in relation to:
- Bankruptcy applications
- Claims involving the matrimonial home
- Creditor claims
- Debt relief notices
- Debt settlement agreements
- Income payment arrangements and applications
- Issuing and defending bankruptcy petitions
- Personal guarantees
- Personal insolvency agreements
- Possession proceedings
- Preference claims
- Statutory demands
Why choose Lavelle Partners to assist you with Insolvency?
- Lavelle Partners is recognised as one of Ireland’s leading insolvency practices. The insolvency team is headed up by Managing Partner, Michael Lavelle. Building on his own reputation as a top insolvency expert for over thirty years, Michael has developed our insolvency function as a top-tier practice, as reflected by the large number of landmark insolvency cases in which the firm has acted.
- Our insolvency lawyers are members of the Irish Society of Insolvency Professionals, Irish Insolvency Group and Irish Institute of Credit Management.
- We provide expert advice across the range of insolvency matters. Our insolvency Solicitors have expert knowledge and experience in advising banking and other creditors, directors and shareholders. Our firm is also instructed by leading insolvency practitioners in Dublin, as well as foreign lawyers, accountants and creditors.
- The firm’s team of experienced insolvency lawyers is committed to achieving the best commercial outcome for our clients. The focus is on developing a relationship with each client that maximises the benefits of our experience, industry knowledge, commercial realism and flexibility.
- Our Solicitors are approachable, insightful, and pragmatic. When it comes to handling insolvency matters, we will assess your situation objectively and provide a clear strategy to move your case forward.
- Lavelle Partners is a full-service law firm – meaning our clients benefit from advice and representation which is considered from all possible legal perspectives. This affords our clients a considerable advantage in insolvency matters.
For further information regarding insolvency in Ireland, please contact Lavelle Partners in confidence on (01) 644 5800.