You may be able to bring a claim for hospital negligence which has caused you harm depending on the circumstances. To prove medical negligence, it must be shown that:
- The standard of care you received fell below that of a competent health professional of the same level and;
- This negligence caused damage or injury.
Ultimately, this test is designed to determine if another health professional in the same role would reasonably have made the same mistake. For example, if an error is made during surgery, it might be deemed that such an event could have happened to any competent surgeon, such were the risks of the procedure. If on the other hand, unreasonable risks were taken which other surgeons would have understood and mitigated, this may suggest negligence has occurred.
If you have reason to believe you have suffered damage or injury as a result of a mistake made in hospital, we may be able to assist you.
- Lavelle Partners have successfully managed many cases involving injury or disease as a result of hospital negligence.
- Our team have been helping clients since 2004, with decades of combined experience across the team, and place client care at the centre of everything they do.
- From the first moment you speak to one of our solicitors, we will listen to your case carefully and with empathy and will only recommend advancing your case if we believe you have a valid case.
- We have both the legal expertise and understanding of the real-life challenges faced by those affected by medical negligence injuries.
- Our solicitors will manage the process entirely on your behalf; compiling the information necessary for your case, including medical notes and managing the submission of your medical negligence claim.
By allowing us to handle your claim on your behalf, you can focus on what is most important, your recovery and care, or that of your family member or loved one.