Since its inception over 30 years ago, Lavelle Partners’ have earned an enviable reputation due to the success of our commercial litigation and dispute resolution group, who have considerable experience of representing both the interests of many of the largest businesses and organisations in Ireland and individual private clients. As a full-service law firm, our dispute Solicitors and their clients benefit from the guidance available from our other law departments; an essential ingredient in our success. Our in-house legal expertise includes taxation, corporate and commercial, IP, employment, banking and finance, contract, insolvency, and personal injury law. Therefore, by engaging the services of our litigation lawyers, your matter will be assessed and approached from all possible legal angles, giving you a sizeable edge over your opponent.
What is Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)?
When you first discuss your matter with our team, they will seek to determine the best possible route to a resolution. In many cases, but not all, ADR may offer the best approach. ADR methods, such as mediation, conciliation, and arbitration all aim to achieve an amicable outcome to a dispute by using non-legal means. ADR has become increasingly popular in Ireland in recent years due to its considerable benefits; it is typically cheaper and faster than litigation involving the Courts, and crucially it helps preserve business relationships. ADR dispute resolution relies on an independent and neutral third-party who will either play a role in helping the parties to find their own conclusion (mediation),or make a determination on their behalf (arbitration).
Our commercial dispute and litigation practice areas
Lavelle Partners dispute resolution and litigation Solicitors can assist with any of the following legal practice areas:
- Shareholder, Director and Partnership Disputes
- Professional Negligence
- Solicitors Negligence
- Banking & Financial Services
- Insurance Disputes
- Probate Disputes
- Property & Building Disputes
- Employment Law & Pensions
- Landlord & Tenant
Our dispute and litigation resolution experience speaks for itself
We have advised and represented many small, medium, and large enterprises in Ireland with often complex commercial disputes, including:
- Acting for the Clerys’ concession store owners in a claim against the provisional liquidator, Ciarán Wallace and the vendors of Clerys’ trading company
- Acting for NAMA and Financial Institutions in proceedings to reverse fraudulent asset transfers
- Acting on behalf of Receivers appointed over various companies and properties and advising the Receivers on an ongoing basis in respect of landlord and tenant matters and general debt recovery and litigation matters
- Acting for the United States Trustee in Bankruptcy in the bankruptcy of David Drumm and successfully obtained an Order in Aid in the High Court allowing the US bankruptcy to be recognised in Ireland. This was the first application of its kind in Ireland
- Acting for Financial Institutions and NAMA in several high value High Court/Commercial Court proceedings against a number of borrowers seeking summary judgment on foot of loan agreements and personal guarantees.
- Advising Financial Institutions and NAMA on debt settlement agreements, negotiating and drafting Deeds of Settlement which included portfolio sales of assets
- Acting for an Oil and Gas Exploration company, in a USD$305m breach of contract and misrepresentation action in the Irish High Court against a group of investors who contracted to fund drilling operations in a North Sea oil exploration project
- Acting for Financial Institutions and individual clients in professional negligence actions against Solicitors, Accountants, Financial Advisors, Architects, Surveyors and Engineers
- Acting for companies and individual clients in actions against insurance and reinsurance companies where cover has been rejected and claims unfairly denied.
- Acting in various shareholder, director and partnership disputes
- Acting for NAMA in successfully obtaining an injunction restraining a public auction from proceeding which would have affected NAMA’s interest in certain properties
- Acting for a group of high net worth investors in a High Court negligence action against a major Stockbroking firm
- Acting for the beneficial owner of high value properties in multi-jurisdictional trust litigation
- Acting in High Court Defamation proceedings against Facebook
Why choose Lavelle Partners to assist you with Litigation and Dispute Resolution?
- We are trusted members of the Law Society of Ireland’s Negligence panel.
- We are a partner-led firm, meaning the partner you meet will manage your case and be available to you if you have any questions.
- Our Solicitors are approachable, intelligent, and pragmatic. When it comes to handling commercial disputes, we will assess your situation objectively and provide a clear strategy to move your matter forward.
- Lavelle Partners is a full-service law firm – meaning our clients benefit from advice and representation which is considered from all possible legal perspectives. This affords our clients a considerable advantage in formal litigation matters.
- We have a robust track record of handling some of the more complex commercial disputes in Ireland, and will lend you the benefit of our experience and knowledge.
*In contentious business, a solicitor may not calculate fees or other charges as a percentage or proportion of any award or settlement. This statement is made in compliance with RE.8 of SI 518 of 2002.
For further information regarding Litigation and Dispute Resolution in Ireland, please contact Lavelle Partners in confidence on (01) 644 5800.