Our banking and investment disputes group, headed by Managing Partner, Michael Lavelle, and Partner, Ciarán Leavy, provide legal advice and representation to lenders and investors who have suffered financial losses or are now facing the risk of doing so, as a result of the negligent acts or advice of another party, or other factors outside of their control.
Regardless of the jurisdiction and type of organisation which has caused you loss, or complexity of your case, we can advise and represent you to seek recourse.
We have a range of resolution mechanisms available depending on the precise nature of the dispute, including the timing, risks, financial exposure and importance of preserving business relationships. Where feasible, alternative dispute resolution (ADR) methods, such as mediation, can bring a rapid and equitable conclusion to disputes without the involvement of the Courts – the outcome of which can then be made legally binding. While ADR will not always be appropriate, it holds considerable advantages in terms of time, cost and the preservation of business relationships.
Where necessary, our banking and investment Solicitors can manage the complete process of investigation and formal Court litigation for our banking and investment clients, leveraging our knowledge of Irish and EU banking and financial law.
Our banking and investment services and experience
Our team advise and represent individuals, companies and syndicates, and have recently handled cases whereby financial product misrepresentation, misselling, professional negligence and mismanagement has occurred. In one notable recent case, we successfully represented several investors relating to Custom House Capital.
Lavelle Partners advise lenders and investors with claims arising from investments in:
- Alternative investments
- Fixed income financial products
- Foreign Property
- Property Investments
- Property Investment
- Property syndicates
- Public Shares
- Private Shares
- Regulated and Unregulated Investment Products
- UK entities
For more information, please contact Partner, Ciarán Leavy who will review your case and discuss your options with you.
Why Choose Lavelle Partners?
- Our banking and litigation function, headed by Partner, Ciarán Leavy, has a wealth of practical experience in relation to banking and investment disputes in Ireland, the EU, and internationally. We are business people at heart and will work tirelessly to ensure your business interests are represented and goals achieved.
- Ciarán and his team can readily tap into the combined legal resources of our full-service law firm, meaning that our banking and investment clients receive advice that takes into account all possible angles. This provides our clients with a considerable advantage over other parties in litigation matters.
- We have successfully assisted many large banking and investment clients with their litigation needs.
- We are personally invested in our clients’ success. As such, we help you tackle problems and capitalise on opportunities swiftly. If a conventional solution does not achieve your objectives, we will challenge it, disrupting conventional ways of thinking to create a result that works for you.
- Our team conforms to the latest standards in data protection, confidentiality, cyber-security, and financial fraud – as such, you can be assured your matter is in the safest possible hands.
For further information on how we can help you with Banking & Investment Disputes in Ireland and the EU, please contact Lavelle Partners in confidence on (01) 644 5800.