IT Disputes Solicitors
At Lavelle Partners, our specialist litigation & dispute resolution Solicitors have the skills and experience to handle even the most complex IT, technology, telecoms or outsourcing dispute, across any legal jurisdiction. This area of law requires a hybrid of skillsets capable of understanding not only the technical aspects of the dispute but also the ability to make sense of often highly complex contracts between a range of parties. Most businesses and organisations enter into contractual relationships with technology providers, whether in relation to networking, telecoms, computing, security, cloud business applications or any other IT related needs. As such, contractual disputes occur all too frequently.
Our specialist IT dispute services
- IT delivery and performance disputes
- Cybersecurity breaches
- Breach of licensing terms
- Failure to fulfil obligations in the context of Joint Ventures and partnerships
- Employment disputes due to theft or misuse of company data
- Intellectual property (i.e. computer software code and design)
- Compliance breaches (i.e. data protection/GDPR, Basel II and III for financial services, healthcare, and public sector)
One area of common dispute relates to service level agreements, whereby promised performance targets in relation to service response or resolution times have been routinely breached.
We can assist clients at any stage of a dispute with a technology provider, whether putting the other party on notice regarding performance concerns, entering into alternative dispute resolution (ADR) or formal litigation.
We understand that formal litigation is not always advantageous in contexts whereby the relationship with a third-party IT provider is strategically imperative, and there is no desire to terminate contractual relations. It may be that it has taken considerable time, money and resource to reach a specific point in a joint venture or partnership project, and hence the goal is to purely resolve a specific matter and preserve the relationship. In such cases, ADR can be truly effective.
Our litigation team can also advise in relation to disputes arising from misselling, whereby a technology provider of any type has misrepresented their technical or delivery capabilities. In such situations, you may be seeking to terminate your contract or to find ways to resolve the matter, perhaps by seeking damages for losses.
Lavelle Partners are also able to provide legal guidance in relation to breaches of your IT security, including breaches of data and intellectual property. If an IT provider or information processor (as in the context of the GDPR) has placed data held by your organisation at risk or caused it to be unlawfully acquired through a cyber attack, we can assist you.
Why choose Lavelle Partners to assist you with IT Disputes?
- As a full-service law firm, our IT dispute and litigation Solicitors can tap into the combined knowledge of our specialist law practitioners in the areas of contract law, intellectual property, and corporate and commercial law to assist with your matter. This means the advice and representation we offer has been considered from all possible legal angles, and, therefore, has the best chance of a positive outcome.
- Our team have handled many large disputes relating to technology of all types, and therefore have the specific skills to interpret and understand the technical aspects of such matters.
- We are a partner-led firm, meaning the partner you meet will manage your case and be available to you if you have any questions.
- Our Solicitors are approachable, intelligent, and pragmatic. When it comes to handling IT disputes, we will assess your situation objectively and provide a clear strategy to move your matter forward.
For further information regarding IT Disputes in Ireland, please contact Lavelle Partners in confidence on (01) 644 5800.