Will and Probate Disputes
Disputes relating to Wills and Probate have been increasing in recent years, due in part to the significant rise in house prices; as a result, many individuals are leaving behind estates with significant value. In addition, it is believed that the increasing prevalence of dementia within society is leading to more Wills being deemed invalid on the grounds of diminished capacity.
The single best way to prevent Will and Probate disputes from occurring is to ensure your Will is drafted by a specialist Wills Solicitor. Not only will they ensure the Will is valid when it is signed, but they will also incorporate all of your wishes faithfully and with clarity. An experienced Wills Solicitor will understand and explain the wider implications of decisions made regarding your inheritance, ensuring all possible scenarios are considered.
If you have reason to contest a Will or Probate, it is important to seek legal advice from a Wills and Probate Solicitor in Ireland. Lavelle Partners have been providing Wills and Probate advice to individuals for over 30 years and have a strong track record in resolving contentious matters amicably. Our team will handle your matter with the utmost empathy, care and respect.
What is a contentious Will/probate?
Any circumstances which lead to a Will or Probate process being challenged by a beneficiary or an individual who believes they have incorrectly been left out of an inheritance can lead to a contentious Will or probate dispute.
Wills are typically challenged on the basis of:
- Lack of testamentary capacity (under the Succession Act 1965)
- Conflicts with any previous arrangements made
- Undue influence when the Will was drafted
- If no provision was made for the testator’s children (referred to as a section 117 application)
In addition to the above factors, Probate may be challenged if there are concerns regarding the calibre of the person given the grant of representation.
Why choose Lavelle Partners to assist you with Will and Probate Disputes?
- We are a partner-led firm, meaning the partner you meet will manage your case and be available to you if you have any questions.
- Our Solicitors are approachable, intelligent, and pragmatic. When it comes to handling Will and Probate disputes, we will assess your situation objectively and provide a clear strategy to move your matter forward.
- Our clients remain with us long-term and most of our new clients come to us via referrals. We get to know our clients, their families, and their businesses thoroughly, and this helps us provide exceptional service, tailored to their individual requirements.
For further information regarding Will and Probate Disputes in Ireland, please contact Lavelle Partners in confidence on (01) 644 5800.