Lavelle Partners Banking and Financial Services Department has been providing specialist bespoke legal services to leading Irish and international banks, financial institutions and large corporations for over 30 years.
As a full-service law firm, our Banking and Financial Services team collaborate and tap into our full range of in-house legal expertise in the areas of taxation, finance law, corporate law, property, contract law, and litigation. The advantages of this approach cannot be overstated; our banking and financial institution clients benefit from cohesive legal solutions and strategies which reflect all the latest domestic, EU and international business and finance law, provided by a primary point of contact within our organisation. With this joined-up approach, you can be assured of receiving timely and proactive guidance which reflects the precise needs of your financial institution and its clients.
Many of our banking and financial service clients have been with Lavelle Partners for decades, and because of this, our team have become integral to their operation. By seeking to foster a long-term partnership with our banking and finance customers, we gain a robust understanding of their people, challenges, capabilities, and strategic objectives.
Our team of business finance lawyers achieve a strong balance between being clear-headed business people with sharp and current legal expertise while being warm and approachable, allowing them to work side by side with your resources to form a robust partnership. They are used to thinking quickly and strategically to provide solutions and help you make decisions, with your commercial interests always as the focus.
Lavelle Partners’ banking and financial services group have extensive experience in advising some of our largest banks and financial institutions on loan restricting, reviews of security, enforcement, and the appointment of receivers. In addition, we directly advise the National Asset Management Agency and work closely with associated institutions in relation to State assets.
Our banking and financial services
Our Banking and Financial Services department is divided into four practice areas:
Corporate and General Banking
We advise both domestic and international financial institutions and also corporate borrowers in relation to a wide variety of banking transactions including:
- Acquisition finance
- Asset finance
- Project finance
- Management buyouts
- Property finance
- Syndicated lending
- Regulatory matters.
- Advice in relation to secured and unsecured loan facilities,
- Reviewing and drafting of all loan and security documentation,
- Reviewing of borrowers’ certificates of title, unusual security structures and the completion and perfection of security.
We also act as advisers to a number of lenders in relation to their general legal requirements including advising in relation to regulatory issues and consumer credit law. We provide debt recovery services to a number of lending institutions, and we have acted for the Office of the Revenue Commissioners.
Security Management and Enforcement
- Advising banks on security and enforcement issues
- Acting in mortgage enforcement on behalf of a number of lenders (We have been appointed to the National Asset Management Agency Enforcement Panel).
- Acting in relation to possession applications.
- Advising on the enforcement of loan and banking security
- Advising on title and any property issues.
Receiverships and Corporate Restructuring
Our insolvency and corporate restructuring group advise on all contentious and non-contentious corporate restructuring and insolvency matters, including:
- Receiverships and corporate restructurings
- Court liquidations
- Creditors meetings
- Employees’ rights
- Voluntary liquidations.
Banking and Financial Services Disputes
We advise a number of financial institutions including investment and retail banks, brokers, fund managers, insurers, regulators, exchanges, financial services businesses, and corporations on the complex litigation and regulatory issues that often arise in financial and banking transactions.
Why Choose Lavelle Partners?
- With the combination of experts from our Property, Insolvency and Corporate and Commercial law teams, have a wealth of practical knowledge and experience in relation banking, finance and property in Ireland. We are business people at heart, and will work tirelessly to ensure your business interests are represented and goals achieved.
- We have successfully represented many high-profile banking clients faced with potentially costly and reputationally damaging issues.
- We are personally invested in our clients’ success. As such, we help you tackle problems and capitalise on opportunities swiftly. If a conventional solution does not achieve your objectives, we will challenge it, disrupting conventional ways of thinking to create a result that works for you.
- When it comes to making decisions, our experience and knowledge give us the confidence to make decisions quickly, a crucial factor in banking and financial services.
- Our team conforms to the latest standards in data protection, confidentiality, cyber-security, and financial fraud – as such, you can be assured your matter is in the safest possible hands.
For further information on how we can help you with banking matters in Ireland and the EU, please contact Lavelle Partners in confidence on (01) 644 5800.