Renewable Energy Projects
Ireland has ambitious plans in place to become a world leader in renewable energy. According to the Department of Communications, Climate Action & Environment, under the 2009 Renewable Energy Directive, the goal is for 40% of electricity consumed in Ireland to be from renewable sources by 2020; one of the most demanding such targets globally; this is known as the Renewable Energy Target 2020.
At Lavelle Partners, we are determined to play a significant role in achieving this ambitious goal, by advising and representing organisations backing and funding renewable energy projects in Ireland. And in doing so, we aim to be one of the leading renewable and solar energy law firms in Ireland.
Our renewable and solar energy Solicitors can assist with any of the following project technologies:
- Bio Energy
Such projects will make an exciting and positive contribution to the economic prosperity of Ireland while helping to protect our environment and forge towards a more sustainable future for us all.
Our renewable energy legal services
Lavelle Partners can advise and represent in a wide range of renewable energy projects, for all stakeholders, including banks, State entities, private developers, construction firms, and maintenance companies. Our Solicitors can assist with:
- Advising in relation to regulatory and compliance requirements for planning permission, environment law, and in accordance with the Commission for Regulation of Utilities.
- Advising on renewable energy project financing – for borrowers and lenders
- Drafting contracts between parties involved in renewable energy projects – including supply agreements, maintenance agreements/service contracts, power purchase agreements, financing agreements, and construction contracts.
- Due diligence and risk assessments
- Grid transfers
- Handling contestability arrangements
- Land acquisition (including conditional contracts and option agreements)
- Licensing in relation to the wholesale single electricity market
- Renewable Energy Feed-in Tariff matters
Because this is a fast-moving field of law, with political, social, and economic developments on a daily basis, our team of renewable energy lawyers are committed to keeping fully up to date with the latest environmental and renewable energy legislation, regulations, and case law.
Why Choose Lavelle Partners for renewable energy projects?
- Our property law team, led by Head of Property, Nicola Walsh, has a wealth of practical knowledge and experience in relation to renewable energy projects in Ireland. We are business people at heart and will work tirelessly to ensure your business interests are represented and goals achieved.
- As a full-service law firm, our renewable energy Solicitors can tap into the combined resources of our other legal teams, including in the areas of taxation, planning, corporate and commercial and property law.
- We are personally invested in our clients’ success. As such, we help you tackle problems and capitalise on opportunities swiftly. If a conventional solution does not achieve your objectives, we will challenge it, disrupting conventional ways of thinking to create a result that works for you.
- When it comes to making decisions, our experience and knowledge give us the confidence to make decisions quickly, a crucial factor in renewable energy projects.
For further information on how we can help you with renewable energy projects in Ireland, please contact Lavelle Partners in confidence on (01) 644 5800.