Gríana O’Kelly, Partner, is Head of the Corporate and Commercial Team. She advises Irish and international clients across many sectors on a broad range of corporate transactions including M&A, debt and equity investment, corporate restructures and joint ventures.
Gríana also advises start-up businesses from incorporation through early seed funding up to consolidation of their business. She regularly lectures and coaches start-ups and entrepreneurs. In 2021, she’s taking part in Tangent, Trinity’s Ideas Workspace, as an Expert in Business Planning and Incorporation, in Trinity College, Dublin. Click here for more on Tangent’s Expert Programme.
Gríana has a particular interest and focus on the healthcare and technology sectors. She acts for a number of nursing homes in Ireland and has acted in nursing home corporate restructuring transactions, exits and provides regulatory advices. Griana also acts regularly in pharmacy M&A transactions including management buy outs. In the technology sector, she continues to act in M&A work as well as advising companies on their funding transactions.
Gríana acts for companies in relation to general commercial law matters; corporate governance, commercial contracts and arrangements, shareholder agreements and data protection.
With over 13 years of experience, Gríana is recognised by the Legal 500 for her excellent communication skills and her ability to understand the client’s business environment.
- Currently advising in a number of nursing home sales by way of business transfer and ultimate share sale.
- Acted in the corporate restructure of an Irish pharmacy group in February 2021.
- Currently acting in the purchase of a community pharmacy in Dublin.
- Currently acting in the sale of a healthcare company in Dublin by way of share sale.
- Acted in the sale of Pro-line Hardware to Grafton PLC in February 2021.
- Acted in the sale of Brentech Data Systems to Principal logistics in December 2020.
- Acted in the sale of a Dublin based technology company to a Polish buyer in January 2021.
- Acted for a healthcare company in respect of an equity investment by a Dublin VC in March 2021.
- Acted for a company in the acquisition of a pharmacy; this transaction included a pre-completion debt and equity investment into the buyer and subsequent acquisition of the target.
- Acting for a start-up fintech provider on its ongoing funding rounds by the Company, structured by way of equity investment.
- Acted for a technology company in a fundraising round, structured by way of debt securities.
- Acted for a hospitality business in a refinance and trading agreement and share acquisition.
- Acting for an Italian group in relation to its Irish holding companies and Irish Group on an ongoing basis.
- Acted for Allglass Windscreens in its joint venture with Carglass UK.
- Admitted to the Roll of Solicitors, Law Society, 2007
- Graduated from NUI, Galway 2000
- Diploma Corporate Law & Governance, Law Society 2012
- Certificate in Data Protection Practice, Law Society 2014
What our clients say
- ‘Gríana O’Kelly was outstanding. Very knowledgeable about pharmacy transactions.’
The Legal 500, 2021
- ‘Gríana O’Kelly is an excellent commercial lawyer with experience in a range of different sectors.
The Legal 500, 2021
- ‘We have worked with Gríana O’Kelly for a number of years and found her to be a good business partner, offering practical advice on any matters.’
The Legal 500, 2021
- “Gríana and her team at Lavelle Partners guided me through the acquisition of my own pharmacy. Although Spring 2020 will probably prove to be the most challenging time in history to buy a business, Gríana’s expert advice and down to earth explanations afforded me the opportunity to decide on the best course of action at every stage of the transaction. Gríana’s knowledge and experience of the process were evident throughout and at all times I felt my best interests were of paramount importance and handled professionally and expertly. I would highly recommend Gríana and her team to anyone.”
Elizabeth Lang, Parthas Holdings Ltd.
- “Gríana O’Kelly has acted for Corlytics Limited since 2014 in relation to a broad range of corporate and commercial law matters with a main focus on debt and equity investment. Gríana has managed complex interactions with multiple parties and has always advocated strongly on the company’s behalf. The level of commitment, attention to detail and quick turnaround from Gríana has always been above and beyond our expectations. Gríana is an excellent client-oriented corporate lawyer.”
John Byrne, CEO, Corlytics Ltd.
- “Gríana has acted for The Allglass group for a number of years and in 2019 Lavelle Partners acted for Allglass in creating a joint venture with a leading worldwide vehicle glass service provider. We found Gríana to be an excellent communicator and fully committed to the task. She worked very well with the team and displayed great commercial sense in achieving our objectives.”
Paul Purcell, CEO, Allglass Windscreens
- “Instrument Technology Ltd engaged the services of Lavelle Partners to advise us on the sale of our company at the end of 2019. During that process we worked closely with Gríana O’Kelly and her team. We found the team at Lavelle partners to be very well experienced and knowledgeable of all aspects surrounding the legal requirements of this commercial transaction. Their professionalism and advice proved invaluable as they steered us through a process which was unfamiliar. I would have no hesitation in recommending Lavelle Partners for anyone seeking attentive and professional commercial legal advice.”
Peter Keane, Technical Director, Instrument Technology Ltd.