Gríana O’Kelly, Partner is Head of the Corporate and Commercial Team. She advises Irish and international clients across many sectors on a broad range of corporate transactions including M&A, debt and equity investment, corporate restructures and joint ventures.
Gríana also advises start-up businesses from incorporation through early seed funding up to consolidation of their business. She advises cross jurisdictional companies on the legal aspects of establishing businesses in Ireland and of expanding and developing operations here.
Gríana acts for companies in relation to general commercial law matters; corporate governance, commercial contracts and arrangements, shareholder agreements and data protection.
With over 13 years of experience, Gríana is recognised by the Legal 500 for her excellent communication skills and her ability to understand the client’s business environment.
What our clients say
- “Gríana and her team at Lavelle Partners guided me through the acquisition of my own pharmacy. Although spring 2020 will probably prove to be the most challenging time in history to buy a business, Gríana’s expert advice and down to earth explanations afforded me the opportunity to decide on the best course of action at every stage of the transaction. Gríana’s knowledge and experience of the process were evident throughout and at all times I felt my best interests were of paramount importance and handled professionally and expertly. I would highly recommend Gríana and her team to anyone.”
Elizabeth Lang, Parthas Holdings Ltd.
- “Gríana O’Kelly has acted for Corlytics Limited since 2014 in relation to a broad range of corporate and commercial law matters with a main focus on debt and equity investment. Gríana has managed complex interactions with multiple parties and has always advocated strongly on the company’s behalf. The level of commitment, attention to detail and quick turnaround from Gríana has always been above and beyond our expectations. Gríana is an excellent client oriented corporate lawyer.”
John Byrne, CEO, Corlytics Ltd.
- “Gríana has acted for The Allglass group for a number of years and in 2019 Lavelle Partners acted for Allglass in creating a joint venture with a leading worldwide vehicle glass service provider. We found Gríana to be an excellent communicator and fully committed to the task. She worked very well with the team and displayed great commercial sense in achieving our objectives.”
Paul Purcell, CEO, Allglass Windscreens
- “Instrument Technology Ltd engaged the services of Lavelle Partners to advise us on the sale of our company at the end of 2019. During that process we worked closely with Gríana O’Kelly and her team. We found the team at Lavelle partners to be very well experienced and knowledgeable of all aspects surrounding the legal requirements of this commercial transaction. Their professionalism and advice proved invaluable as they steered us through a process which was unfamiliar. I would have no hesitation in recommending Lavelle Partners for anyone seeking attentive and professional commercial legal advice.”
Peter Keane, Technical Director, Instrument Technology Ltd.
- Acted for a large technology company on its sale to a foreign corporation by way of share sale.
- Acted for a company in the acquisition of a pharmacy; this transaction included a pre-completion debt and equity investment into the buyer and subsequent acquisition of the target.
- Acted for a start-up fintech provider on a further fundraising by the Company, structured by way of equity investment.
- Acted for a technology company in a fundraising round, structured by way of debt securities.
- Acted for a hospitality business in a refinance and trading agreement and share acquisition.
- Acted for an Italian group in relation to its Irish holding company and share restructure.
- Acted for a large national auto company in relation to a joint venture with another auto company trading in Ireland and the UK.
- Acted for an Irish technology company in relation to a shareholders agreement and director loan arrangements.
- Currently acting in the sale of two nursing homes with the operating companies being sold by way of share sale.
- Admitted to the Roll of Solicitors, Law Society, 2007
- Graduated from NUI, Galway 2000
- Diploma Corporate Law & Governance, Law Society 2012
- Certificate in Data Protection Practice, Law Society 2014