Dermot McClean is a Solicitor in the Lavelle Partners Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution Team. He acts for a wide range of clients including both commercial and private clients, banks, financial institutions, liquidators, examiners and administrators of estates.
Dermot works closely with partners Michael Lavelle and Ciarán Leavy, with a particular focus on insolvency work. Dermot has acted in many high-profile insolvency cases including the recent liquidation of St Mary’s Centre (Telford) and the examinership of Maximum Media Network (MMN) Limited. He is experienced in advising banks and lending institutions as well as insolvency practitioners.
- Acting for St Mary’s Centre (Telford) in relation to applying to the High Court for the appointment of Provisional Liquidators and subsequently acting for the Company in relation to a winding up petition and examinership petition which were heard together. Read more here.
- Acting for Caritas Convalescent Centre DAC in relation to applications to the High Court for the appointment of Provisional Liquidators and the winding up of the Company. Read more here.
- Acting for Maximum Media Network Limited, in relation to its examinership and the appointment of an examiner over its media business, joe.ie. Read more here.
- Acting for the liquidator of a Company in obtaining a freezing order over the assets of the former Directors of the Company and subsequently pursuing the Directors for fraudulent trading.
- Acting for individuals in plaintiff professional negligence cases against Solicitors, Accountants, Architects and Surveyors.
- Acting for individuals in a variety of Plaintiff defamation actions including cases against Independent Newspapers, Facebook and Circle K.
- Acting for a UK creditor of IBRC in proceedings against IBRC after the creditor had obtained a judgment in the UK for in excess of STG£120m. Advising on the enforceability of the judgment and acting in proceedings against IBRC.
- Acting for Financial Institutions and Venture Capitalist Funds in Judgment proceedings, enforcement actions, appointment of receivers and defence litigation.
- Acting in contentious probate disputes on behalf of both the Executors of Estates and beneficiaries, including actions under S.117 of the Succession Act, 1965 and S.194 of the Civil Partnership and Certain Rights and Obligations of Cohabitants Act 2010.
- Winner of the Law Society Conveyancing Prize, 2016
- Law Society of Ireland
- Certificate in Data Protection Practice, Law Society of Ireland, 2020
- Bachelor in Laws, LL.B., Trinity College Dublin, 2011