Lavelle Partners have been assisting employers and employees across Ireland for over 30 years on employment law matters. Our specialist team of highly experienced employment law Solicitors in Dublin is headed by Marc Fitzgibbon. Marc is a former member of the Law Society of Ireland’s Employment & Equality Law Committee and the European Employment Lawyers Association.
Our commitment to our clients
law advice is sharp, incisive and carefully tailored; we always place the needs
and goals of our clients at the front and centre of everything we do.
This area of
Irish law can be deeply complex, and in addition can lead to high levels of
stress, worry, fear, and animosity if matters in disputes are not handled quickly
and effectively. With our experience,
you can be confident your employment matter is in the best possible hands. We will take the pressure off your shoulders,
allowing you to focus on running your business, or if you are an employee,
continuing your career, or seeking new employment.
At all times, we will explain your legal options in plain English, outlining the pros and cons where necessary. Our team is extremely proactive and will always keep you fully informed and will always respond to your calls, emails or other communications as quickly as possible.
Alternative Dispute Resolution for employment disputes
Due to the rise
in contentious disputes arising in the area of employment law in recent years,
we believe in the importance of alternative dispute resolution (ADR). Methods such as conciliation, arbitration,
and mediation can resolve even the most complex and acrimonious of employment
disputes, whether between an employer and an employee, or an employer and a
ADR can often
bring about a resolution to an employment matter quickly, with little cost, and
without the involvement of the Courts.
This also means that relationships are better preserved between
disputing parties once the matter is amicably concluded.
And if required, we will manage any complaints referred to the Workplace Relations Commission or the Labour Court.
We cover all areas of employment law
Lavelle Partners have been proudly representing individuals and businesses across Ireland in all areas of employment law, including:
Handbook, policies and procedures
& Collective Redundancy
Injunction & High Court Litigation
and Disciplinary Procedures
Equality, Discrimination & Equal Status
Harassment & Sexual Harassment
Unions and Trade Union Disputes
Our team of employment lawyers understand the need to act with the utmost confidentiality and professionalism. And for many of our clients involved in disputes, our team will work with you in a manner that is both empathetic, caring, and respectful. Regardless of who requires our services, we will do all we can to defend your best interests, working to achieve your objectives without impacting your time and resources any more than is necessary.
Our team will work with your HR resources
means we understand and apply the latest best practice in relation to
employment law. We can assist your
in-house, or external HR team in establishing policies and procedures, and
staff handbooks which are tailored to the specific needs of your business. We will ensure this includes the latest
provisions, including in relation to cybersecurity, money laundering, and
digital law services.
Likewise, if you have a new employment law project, we can assist, allowing your existing resources to focus on the day to day running of your business. Doing so will allow any new projects to be commenced without delay, removing the need for training, redeployment of resources and recruitment.
Our experience speaks for itself
years, we have been proud to work with individuals, and small, medium, and
large businesses and organisations across Ireland on a range of complex
employment law projects, including:
- Representing a PLC in defending a claim of discrimination and victimisation made by an employee in the Equality Tribunal.
- Representing a senior manager in challenging his redundancy before the Employment Appeals Tribunal Advising senior executives on the negotiation of their redundancy packages and severance packages.
- Advising on company pension schemes.
- Drafting Employment Contracts for a significant professional services provider establishing a branch in Ireland.
- Establishment of employee share option plans.
- Advising a leading company on implementing salary reductions and a variation of contractual terms for employees.
How Lavelle’s employment law Solicitors can assist you
- Our team of employment Solicitors, headed by Senior Partner, Marc Fitzgibbon, has been assisting employees and employers for many years, and as a result, has developed a strong and enviable reputation nationally for achieving excellence in this area of law.
- Marc is a former member of the Law Society of Ireland’s Employment & Equality Law Committee and the European Employment Lawyers Association.
- We understand that employment law matters often need to be managed with the utmost confidentiality.
- For employers, our Solicitors will work alongside your in-house or external HR team, ensuring that your matter is handled efficiently and with the minimum of demands on your resources.
- If your employment matter requires expertise in other areas, such as taxation, accounting, corporate law, personal injury, our teams will collaborate internally, giving you the benefit of our combined knowledge.
Our partnership with Talbot Pierce
Partners work with Talbot Pierce to provide a seamless service in respect of
Human Resource Management. Talbot Pierce
are a team of specialist HR professionals who work with us on a range of
matters including advice on and delivery of conflict/dispute resolution
solutions, best-practice HR strategies, policies and procedures.
For further information
on any aspect of employment law in Ireland, please contact Lavelle Partners in
confidence on (01) 644 5800.