- Bachelor of Civil Law (UCD)
- Diploma in Construction Law and Contract Administration (TCD)
- Diploma in Management (IMI)
- Diploma in Executive Coaching (IMI)
- Diploma in European Art History (UCD)
- Diploma in Web Design (DBS)
- Admitted to the Roll of Solicitors (Law Society of Ireland).
Brief overview of my career:
For the last 20 years, I have acted for a number of leading property developers. I have acted for various lending institutions advising on security for loans in commercial property transactions with an emphasis on security for lending to developers. My clients include banks, investors, loan acquisition companies and developers, whom I have advised on the acquisition, funding, construction and sale of large scale residential and commercial developments, including tax based property schemes. I have particular expertise in negotiating occupational leases in commercial developments.
I have advised international loan acquisition companies on the bidding of loan portfolios, conducting the due diligence and subsequently assisting the client in the workout of the portfolio.
My experience includes the following:
- Advising on planning and environmental law issues related to property development
- Reviewing facility letters for development funding and advising lenders on security documents for development funding
- Advising on construction contracts and related construction law agreements, including Letters of Appointment, Step-In-Agreements and Collateral Warranties
- Drafting and negotiating high value commercial leases
- Acting for developers in drafting and negotiating scheme documents for tax based property schemes (e.g., Multi Storey Car Parks, Hotel and Office Premises) and for residential, commercial and mixed use schemes
- Drafting and negotiating option agreements contingent on rezoning, planning and related issues
Professional memberships & accreditations:
- Member of the Institute of Arbitrators
- Member of the Society of Construction Lawyers
- Law Society of Ireland
What I offer my clients :
I have extensive experience advising lending institutions, property developers, investors and insolvency practitioners in the acquisition, financing, construction, management and disposal of property related assets. I take a practical approach to delivering solutions and maintaining transaction momentum.
Why I love what I do:
I love the challenge of complex transactions which involve multidisciplinary areas.