For more than 20 years, Consultant Úna O’Connor, has acted for many of Ireland’s leading property developers as well as various lending institutions, advising on security for loans in commercial property transactions with an emphasis on security for lending to developers. Her clients include banks, investors, loan acquisition companies and developers, whom she advises on the acquisition, funding, construction and sale of large scale residential and commercial developments, including tax based property schemes. She has specific expertise in negotiating occupational leases in commercial developments.
Úna has advised international loan acquisition companies on the bidding of loan portfolios, conducting the due diligence and subsequently assisting the client in the workout of the portfolio.
- Advising on planning and environmental law issues related to property development
- Reviewing facility letters for development funding and advising lenders on security documents for development funding
- Advising on construction contracts and related construction law agreements, including Letters of Appointment, Step-In-Agreements and Collateral Warranties
- Drafting and negotiating high value commercial leases
- Acting for developers in drafting and negotiating scheme documents for tax based property schemes (e.g., Multi Storey Car Parks, Hotel and Office Premises) and for residential, commercial and mixed use schemes
- Drafting and negotiating option agreements contingent on rezoning, planning and related issues.
Professional memberships & accreditations
- Member of the Institute of Arbitrators
- Member of the Society of Construction Lawyers
- Law Society of Ireland.
- Bachelor of Civil Law (UCD)
- Diploma in Construction Law and Contract Administration (TCD)
- Diploma in Management (IMI)
- Diploma in Executive Coaching (IMI)
- Diploma in European Art History (UCD).