Tom Callaghan is a Solicitor in the Lavelle Partners Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution Team. He acts for a wide range of clients including both commercial and private clients.
Tom works closely with Managing Partner, Michael Lavelle, and Head of Commercial Litigation, Ciarán Leavy, with a particular focus on insolvency work, professional negligence and Estate and Probate disputes. Tom also acts for clients in matters relating Data Protection rights and breaches as well as defamation actions.
- Acting for individuals in Plaintiff professional negligence cases against Solicitors, Accountants, Financial Advisors, Engineers, Architects, Surveyors.
- Acting for individuals in a variety of Plaintiff defamation actions including cases against Tesco, Topaz and Go-Ahead Transport Ireland.
- Acting for companies and individuals in breach of contract/specific performance cases against insurance companies where cover has been rejected and claims unfairly denied.
- Acting in contentious probate disputes on behalf of both the Executors of Estates and beneficiaries, including actions under S.117 of the Succession Act, 1965.
- Acting for Financial Institutions and Venture Capitalist Funds in professional negligence cases, appointment of receivers, judgment proceedings and repossession of properties.
- Acting for private individuals whose online personal data was hacked or breached.
- Acting for personal insolvency practitioners (PIP) in personal insolvency proceedings.
- Law Society of Ireland.
- Law Society of Ireland (September 2018 – July 2020)
- Professional Practice Course Part 1 and Part 2: Completed June 2020.
- Certificate in Commercial Mediation: (Completed June 2020)
- University of Limerick, Ireland (September 2010 – May 2014) Law Plus (L.L.B Politics and Economics)