Hannah is a Solicitor on the Lavelle Partners Litigation and Dispute Resolution Team. Since joining Lavelle Partners in 2014, Hannah has worked in a number of departments within the firm gaining experience in debt collection, litigation, insolvency and property. As part of the Dispute Resolution Team Hannah has a particular focus on debt and asset recovery, she works with a number of banking clients in relation to repossession of private residences where mortgage payments are in arrears, Hannah is comfortable and effective managing the entire process from start to finish.
Hannah heads up our general debt recovery team working to recover debts and assets on behalf of businesses and private clients. She is also qualified in alternative dispute resolution and has experience in mediation and arbitration.
Before joining Lavelle Partners to complete her traineeship in 2014, Hannah worked in the Conflict Resolution Unit of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT), where she liaised with local and international groups to help them analyse, develop and share information on conflict resolution methods. While at DFAT, she was involved in the organisation of Ireland’s Presidency of the Council of Europe and the OSCE in 2012-2013.
- Acting for a credit servicing firm in a range of litigation matters including, mortgage litigation. Advising on the 2013 of Conduct on Mortgage arrears and the Mortgage Arrears Resolution Process (MARP) and also in respect of title issues with mortgaged property.
- Providing debt and asset recovery services to a large property service provider including issuing proceedings against individuals, obtaining and enforcing judgments and negotiating settlement arrangements with debtors.
- Acting on behalf of an international independent finance house in respect of default on loans given to businesses in Ireland, giving advises on loan agreements and the enforceability of guarantees. Negotiating and drafting settlement agreements with debtors.
- Acted for private clients in a property dispute arising from the death of a family member, wherein in several family members claimed rights to the deceased property. Court proceedings were commenced and the dispute went unresolved for over 20 years. In 2018 the parties were invited to engage in mediation. The matter was then amicably resolved on the first day of the mediation.
- Acted in an insurance claim for a large national retailer with over 60 locations, where multiple claims resulted in the company halting payments. The matter was referred to arbitration and resolved accordingly.
- Acting for a number of prominent bars, restaurants and hotel in respect of applications for various annual licences, special exemption licences and occasional licences for festivals.
- Acted for a large nursing home group in in a refinance with AIB involving 12 nursing home and 5 separate subsidiary companies of the nursing home group.
- Law Society of Ireland
- Irish Environmental Law Association
- Diplome Éducatif Juridque Francais (DÉJF), Université Paris Nanterre, 2010
- Bachelor of Civil Law (European), University College Dublin, 2011
- Diploma of Arbitration, University College Dublin, 2013
- Certificate in Conflict Resolution and Mediation Skills, Northside Mediation, 2013
- Certificate in Media Law, Law Society of Ireland, 2020
- Certificate in Technology Law, Law Society of Ireland, 2020