- BCL (UCD)
- Higher Diploma in Business Studies (UCD)
- Tax Advisor (AITI)
- Society of Trust and Estates Practitioners (STEP) Diploma.
Brief overview of my career:
I trained as a solicitor with a Big 5 firm in Dublin where I also completed the Institute of Tax exams, after which I specialised in the area of tax for seven years in Dublin.
In 2007 I moved to London and made the change to property in a large West London firm where I worked in the areas of commercial property and banking before returning to Dublin in 2015.
A desire to raise my young family in Ireland brought me back home and I was delighted to join the team in Lavelle where I lead the Property and Banking department.
Professional memberships & accreditations:
- Admitted to the Law Society of Ireland
- Admitted to the Law Society of England & Wales
- Member of the Irish Tax Institute
What my clients say:
- ‘Nicola Walsh has helped get a number of projects over the line in a timely and very professional manner. The big standouts are not bothering us with the little stuff (all the time) but still including it as it’s being signed off, and giving clear impartial advice when a decision has to be made. Exceptional service.’
The Legal 500, 2021
- ‘Nicola Walsh provides down-to-earth, practical, and very efficient advice and actions.’
The Legal 500, 2021
What I offer my clients:
I have extensive experience in the Irish and UK markets, having worked for a significant period in London. This gives me the ability to offer comprehensive advice to clients across both jurisdictions in property, tax and banking matters. I can identify and explain issues early in transactions, provide a path to completion and ensure my clients secure the best deal possible.
Why I love what I do:
I love the satisfaction of completing a transaction for a client, whether straightforward or complex. I enjoy giving commercial advice and problem-solving.
Personal interests :
I love reading, skiing and travelling to far-flung destinations. However, due to young children, these pursuits are on hiatus, having been temporarily replaced by providing a combined children’s taxi, hairdressing and general dogsbody service. I love listening to podcasts on my daily commute and am always searching for new recommendations.