For most people, their home represents the largest financial investment they will make in their lifetime; for this reason, it is vital to ensure the conveyancing process is completed with precision. Many property buyers make the mistake of assuming their purchase will be straightforward, but our experience has shown us that the unexpected is a regular occurrence.
At Lavelle Partners, our conveyancing team will work earnestly to complete your property transaction, but it is our policy not to trade speed for quality. As we have been providing conveyancing services for over 30 years, our team understands the need to dig below the surface to find possible issues or information of which you should be aware in relation to the property you are purchasing.
What is the residential conveyancing process in Ireland?
Residential conveyancing refers to the formal process of buying or selling a property (e.g. a house, flat, or apartment) or land. There are multiple steps involved in the process; these are in summary:
- Sale is agreed between vendor and purchaser
- Vendor’s Solicitor sends the draft Contract of Sale to the purchasing Solicitor
- Purchaser’s Solicitor will carry out checks on the title Deeds and raise any questions with the Vendor’s Solicitor
- Purchaser’s Solicitor will then complete all necessary searches
- Property will be surveyed
- Purchaser’s Solicitor will give an undertaking to the lender that once funds are received, these will not be released until a ‘good marketable title’ is in place.
- Contract of Sale will be signed by both parties – at this point, both parties are legally bound to continue with the sale/purchase.
- Final searches will then be undertaken
- Funds will be drawn down from the lender
- Title documents and funds are then exchanged
- Keys are released
- Deed is stamped and sent to the Land Registry.
- An application is then made to the Property Registration Authority to register the Title in the name of the purchaser.
At Lavelle Partners, we pride ourselves in our eye for detail and our determination to leave no stone unturned. Our conveyancing team has the ability to spot problems which on the surface may seem relatively minor, but if ignored could later cost you vast sums and cause considerable stress and anxiety. Once you engage our residential conveyancing services, you can relax in the knowledge it is in the best possible hands.
Our conveyancing services
Lavelle Partners offers a wide range of conveyancing services for property buyers and sellers in Ireland, including the following:
- Buying/selling/leasing of new and second-hand homes
- Dedicated new developments unit
- Housing and mixed-use schemes
- Apartment schemes/management company structures
- Title review
- Finance, mortgages and re-mortgages
- Stamp duty and taxation
- Planning law
- Building contracts
- PRTB, leases and landlord and tenant issues
- Transfer of title
Why Choose Lavelle Partners?
- We have been specialising in property for over 30 years in Ireland; as such, we are highly acquainted with the residential conveyancing process and have seen and dealt with almost every conceivable challenge in that time. Our experience can make the difference between a sale whereby all issues are identified and dealt with, and one which leads to considerable legal and financial problems in years to come.
- We are personally invested in our clients’ success. As such, we help you tackle problems and capitalise on opportunities swiftly.
- We provide an affordable residential conveyancing service which is fast without compromising on quality, professional and client friendly.
- Our team conforms to the latest standards in data protection, confidentiality, cyber-security, and financial fraud – as such, you can be assured your conveyancing matter is in the safest possible hands.
For further information on how we can help you with residential conveyancing in Ireland, please contact Lavelle Partners in confidence on (01) 644 5800.